Waste & Recycling Summit 2018
- Applying the concept of the circular economy to redefine growth and reduce social and environmental harm
- Levering partnerships to find new approaches to using finite resources
- Investing in innovative research for reuse, repair, remanufacturing and recycling
- Outline of the EU`s ambitions with regard to a European Circular Economy
- Main elements of the EU`s legislative and policy changes to stimulate and facilitate circular economy
- How do the main envisaged legislative changes affect waste management operators in and outside the EU?
- Which elements of the new European Union Circular Economy Package could be interesting/relevant for waste management authorities and operators in the Middle East?
- How many times have you been woken up by the noise of waste collection trucks early in the morning? Or are you irritated by how fast they drive through your district and the dangers they pose to other road users and pedestrians?
- It’s perfectly possible to create a city where conventional waste collection trucks become almost obsolete. A city with less noise, less traffic and lower emissions.
- When a development uses a pneumatic waste management system, traffic decreases by 90%. For example, in a typical residential district with 3,500 apartments, waste collection trucks only need to spend 177 hours per year removing waste from the Envac collection station. This compares to 3,718 hours per year when the trucks have to collect waste from each individual building as they do in a conventional waste collection system.
- The need for Innovation to reduce landfill stress and associated environmental issues, addressing water stress and reducing water footprint solutions
- Sustainability to address shift to Green Economy whilst maintaining Environmental agendas for social impacts
- Legacy for sustainable human resources
- Co-Processing as a waste management solution
- Cement kiln as co-processing facility
- Alternative Fuel & Raw Material from waste.
- Methodology for the Study
- Learning Out comes - Qualitative and Quantitative
- Launching of Phase II of Mall Benchmarking
- Trends on Waste Management for Facilities Management Companies
- ZERO WASTE - The new approach to waste management
- Circular Economy Sustainability through Waste Recovery
- Waste2energy - RDF or general waste
- Recycling drop-off center
- Food waste Management
- Resident’s engagement
- Definition and Description
- The journey across Emaar (including initiatives and actions)
- The 5 years targets in waste reduction and waste segregation
- Challenges and Lessons Learnt
- Current situation of the food waste in the UAE
- The impact that it has on our environment
- Eliminating the food waste at source with an innovative technology
- It will help the UAE to achieve its visions and strategies targets on waste diversion from landfill, carbon emissions reduction, etc. as well as increasing competitiveness, stimulating innovation, boosting economic growth and creating jobs
- It will increase the competitiveness of the company/free zones that implement it as a result of the lower economic costs and improved environmental credentials and productivity
- It should be supported with education/awareness campaigns to explain its benefits and how to implement it to the general public and each relevant industry.