Salman is an electrical engineer by profession and a has vast experience in designing, building, operating and maintaining large industrial plants. He played a leading role in developing and executing major power plant expansion projects to support Dubai Aluminium (DUBAL) expansion from 1995 to 2005.
- 2017: Appointed as the Chairman for S&E Gulf Aluminium Council (GAC)
- 2016: Appointed to lead Business Transformation and EHSSQ at EGA. The key challenge includes improving safety status, setting up a Sustainability department and managing SPL and Dross.
- 2015: Mr. Abdulla led the merging of Emirates Aluminium (EMAL) and DUBAL into a single seamless business including close cooperation with peers across technical and commercial dimensions.
- 2007: Appointed as Chief Operations Officer of EMAL and in 2010 as Vice President, Operations. In this capacity, reporting to the President and CEO, he was responsible for strategizing, planning, executing and running the world’s largest single site Aluminium smelter. He led the design, startup and stabilization of EMAL, for both Phase 1 and Phase 2. The plant consists of a captive Power Plant, DX Technology Potlines, Carbon Manufacturing Plant and a full service Cast House for over a million ton capacity.
- 2005: Appointed General Manager of Power and Desalination division at DUBAL, where he was responsible for supplying efficient and uninterrupted power supply to 900,000 tpa single site Aluminium smelter.
- 1995: Responsible for designing, tendering and installation of over 1GW Power Plant over a period of 10 years.